Members are invited to a free panel discussion and a question-and-answer segment at the next NCRF Ask Me Anything ZoomUp: Focus on Captioners, on Tuesday, Nov. 28 at 8 p.m. Eastern.
Joining our Ask Me Anything Task Force Leaders and Co-Chairs, NCRA Vice President Cindy Isaacsen, RPR, and NCRF Chair-Elect Meredith Bonn, RPR, CRR, will be these panelists:
Joshua Edwards, RDR, CRR, CRC
Pat Graves, FAPR, RDR, CRR, CRC
Alan Peacock, FAPR, RDR, CRR, CRC
Stacey Potenza, CRC
Kathryn A. Thomas, RDR, CRR, CRC
Sample Focus on Captioners panel topics are:
· How do you prepare for a captioning job?
· How is captioning different from court reporting?
· How is the compensation different for captioning than it is for court reporting?
· What certifications do you need to be a captioner?
· How do you build dictionaries and speaker designations for captioning the news, sporting events, or conventions?
· What are the benefits of being a captioner? What is the downside?
· Can you discuss your experience with live captioning?
· Could you explain your understanding of the FCC’s rules and regulations for captioning?
· How do you synchronize captions with spoken words and sounds?
Registration is required to attend; members are invited to do so here. The upcoming series of NCRF Ask Me Anything ZoomUps does not provide CEU or PDC credit but seeks to inform students, new reporters, and interested members about career opportunities and enhancements.
Please mark your calendars and plan to register for these new 2024 NCRF Ask Me Anything ZoomUps:
Tuesday, Jan. 30, 2024, 8-9 p.m. Eastern | Ask Me Anything about work-life balance and the effect of mental health on my career. How staying organized is the key to success.
Tuesday, Feb. 27, 2024, 8-9 p.m. Eastern | Ask Me Anything about the power of networking.
Tuesday, March 26, 2024, 8-9 p.m. Eastern | Ask Me Anything about practicing, graduating, and earning certifications.
Tuesday, April 30, 2024, 8-9 p.m. Eastern | Ask Me Anything about attending the NCRA Conference & Expo in Louisville, Ky.