The Annual Business Meeting was held Thursday, Aug. 4, 2016, at the Chicago Hilton, Chicago, Ill. Members who were not able to attend the meeting in person were able to follow the discussions live or review them after the fact via a realtime feed to the Internet.
Three contested elections for officer or board positions and a series of amendments to the Association’s Constitution and Bylaws were presented at the meeting. As provided for in the Bylaws, all NCRA Voting Members were able to vote online. Voting closed at 11:30 p.m. Central time, Aug. 4. 1164 (9.5%) of 12195 electors voted in this ballot.
Congratulations to NCRA’s 2016-17 Board of Directors
Wood advances to Presidency
President-elect Nativa P. Wood, RDR, CMRS, FAPR (Mechanicsburg, Pa.) automatically advances to the office of 2016-17 President.
Sue Terry elected Vice President
- Doreen Sutton, RPR (Scottsdale, Ariz.): 492 (44.8%).
- Sue Terry, RPR, CRR, FAPR (Springfield, Ohio): 606 (55.2%).
Debra A. Dibble elected Secretary-Treasurer
- Debra A. Dibble, RDR, CRR, CRC (Salt Lake City, Utah): 747 (69.8%).
- Michele Melhorn York, RMR (Arlington, Va.): 323 (30.2%).
Christine Phipps elected Director
- Christine Phipps, RPR (North Palm Beach, Fla.): 550 (52.6%).
- Huey Bang, RMR, CRR (Pass Christian, Miss.): 496 (47.4%).
Also elected by acclamation at the Annual Business Meeting were:
- Christine J. Willette, RDR, CRR, CRC (Wausau, Wis.) as President-Elect
- Kristin M. Anderson, RPR (San Antonio, Texas) to a three-year term as director; and
- Max Curry, Jr., RPR, CRI (Franklin, Tenn.) to a three-year term as director
Voting results for the 2016 proposed bylaws amendments
To pass, bylaws amendments must receive at least two-thirds (2/3) affirmation by the Voting Members who voted by electronic means. All proposed amendments passed. The full text of the amendments is available here.