Members of NCRA’s Test Advisory Committee (TAC) met at the Association’s headquarters in Reston, Va., April 6-8 to vet and approve skills exams for the RPR, RMR, CRR, and CRC. They wrote exams from 8:30-5:30 Friday and Saturday and 9-1 on Sunday, before taking time to view area cherry trees and their blossoms, which were in full bloom.
A total of 87 tests were submitted for review by the Skills Committee and TAC over the weekend, resulting in 71 tests being written and 62 being approved.
The Skills Test Writing Committee writes content for the RPR, RMR, CRR, and CRC exams, while TAC writes and selects the skills tests for the same certifications. TAC also sets the standards for the RPR and RDR Written Knowledge Tests.
Members of TAC who wrote perfect tests were also recognized at the meeting with a Shirley Award. The award was named for Shirley Hall, FAPR, RDR, CRR, CRC, CRI, CPE, an official court reporter from Pittsburgh Pa., and a former TAC member, who commonly wrote perfect tests. Tests are considered perfect when the word count and syllabic density are flawless, and they are written smoothly by the test taker.
The following members were recognized with a Shirley Award at the April meeting:
- TAC Co-chair Wade S. Garner, RPR, CPE, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Anne M. Bowline RMR, CRR, Casper, Wyo., a member of the Skills Content Writing Committee
- Russell Page, Jr., Washington, D.C., a member of the Skills Content Writing Committee
- Lisa Reed Wiesman, RDR, CRR, CRC, Fairfield, Ohio, a member of the Skills Content Writing Committee
Other members from TAC who attended the April meeting were:
- Co-chair Diane L. Sonntag, FAPR, RDR, CRR, CRC, CPE, Oro Valley, Ariz.
- Robin Cooksey, RMR, Houston, Texas
- Holly Kapacinskas, RPR, CRR, Debary, Fla.
- Donna J. Karoscik, RDR, CRR, CRC, Pickerington, Ohio
- Deborah A. Kriegshauser, FAPR, RMR, CRR, CLVS, St. Louis, Mo.
- Karyn D. Menck, RDR, CRR, CRC, Nashville, Tenn.
- Janice Plomp, RDR, CRR, CRC, CRI, St. Albert, Alberta, Canada
- Kelli Ann Willis, RPR, CRR, Miami, Fla.
- NCRA President Christine J. Willette, RDR, CRR, CRC, Wausau, Wis., who serves as TAC’s Board liaison.
- TAC member Rhonda Hall Breuwet, RDR, CRR, Lakeland, Fla., was unable to attend.