By Brenda Gill
Lorrie L. Marchant, RMR, CRR, CRC, a freelance court reporter from Petaluma, Calif., is the winner of a $100 Amazon gift card for renewing her NCRA membership early.
Marchant, a long-time member, was entered into the special drawing along with others who renewed their NCRA membership in September.
“At the strong recommendation of one of my beloved instructors at the College of Marin, Indian Valley Campus, Calif., I joined NCRA while I was attending court reporting school, and have remained a continuous member ever since,” Marchant said.
“I have been a freelance deposition reporter since September 1994 in the great San Francisco Bay area. I have loved the flexibility and variability of the work (most of the time anyway), as well as exercising/challenging my brain with a very wide variety of subject matters and increased knowledge on a wide spectrum of topics. The income has been great, and I have been able to be present for my beloved kids, Sophia and Cooper, throughout the years during important and/or memorable events. I love being my own boss,” she added.
Member benefits continue to include:
- A listing* in both the print and online versions of the NCRA Sourcebook
- A subscription to the JCR Magazine and the JCR Weekly
- Multiple certification programs with online skills tests designed to make you more money
- Access to discounted group insurance programs through Mercer for personal liability and errors and omissions
- Member pricing to can’t-miss networking and educational events at the NCRA Convention & Expo (Aug. 15-18, 2019) and NCRA Business Summit (Feb. 1-3, 2019), formerly known as the Firm Owners Executive Conference
- First-class online educational opportunities
Members who renew in October enjoy the following benefits:
- It’s green; less mail to you.
- It’s clutter-free; fewer reminder emails to your inbox.
- It’s beneficial; your benefits are not interrupted.
- It’s a chance to win a $100 Pengad gift certificate.
Renewing is easy and available online at NCRA.org/renew or by calling 800-272-6272. Members can expect to receive their membership card via email within approximately two weeks of renewing if they have a valid email address and have not previously opted out of Constant Contact email messaging.
Brenda Gill is NCRA’s Membership Manager. She can be reached at email@example.com.
* Registered, Participating, and Associate members are eligible for this benefit.