Take a few minutes to mark these important dates on your calendars to keep on track with your professional goals through 2019. NCRA offers opportunities to earn CEUs in a variety of ways, from certification to webinars to live events. NCRA is your one-stop shop for your educational needs, whether you are working toward your next certification, your cycle-ending date, or another career goal.
Keep in mind that NCRA members can earn PDCs by passing the skills or written portion of certain tests, such as the RMR, RDR, CRR, or CLVS Exams.
Here is a short selection of dates and events (dates are subject to change):
- Jan. 4 — First quarter online skills test registration opens
- Jan. 26 — NCRA Town Hall
- Jan. 31 — 9/30/18 cycle extension deadline
- Feb. 1-3 — 2019 NCRA Business Summit, San Diego, Calif.
- Feb. 9-16 — Court Reporting & Captioning Week
- March 1-31 — Registration period for April RPR, RDR, CRC, and CLVS Written Knowledge Tests
- April 4 — Second quarter online skills test registration opens
- April 27 — NCRA Town Hall
- May 1-30 — 2019 NCRA Celebrate Certification Month
- May 5-7 — 2019 NCRA Leadership & Legislative Boot Camp
- April 9-23 — RPR, RDR, CRC, and CLVS Written Knowledge Test dates
- June 1-30 — Registration period for July RPR and CLVS Written Knowledge Tests
- July 9-23 — RPR and CLVS Written Knowledge Test dates
- Aug. 15-18 — 2019 NCRA Convention & Expo, Denver, Colo.
- Sept. 1-30 — Registration period for October RPR, RDR, CRC, and CLVS Written Knowledge Tests
- Sept. 30 — Submission deadline for CEUs and PDCs for members with a 9/30/19 cycle ending
- Oct. 8-22 — RPR, RDR, CRC, and CLVS Written Knowledge Test dates
Because of how important certification is to the profession, NCRA has designated May as “Celebrate Certification” Month. We celebrate all NCRA members as they show pride in the certifications they have earned, are working to earn, or are intending to earn. The month-long campaign is also designed to help encourage those who haven’t considered earning one of the Association’s many nationally recognized certifications to rethink their decision.
Court Reporting & Captioning Week (Feb. 9-16), Memorial Day (May 30), Flag Day (June 14), the Fourth of July, and Veterans Day (Nov. 11) are also all good opportunities to schedule Veterans History Project Days to earn PDCs, although members and students are invited to participate throughout the year. And don’t forget that online skills testing is available year-round.
Watch for more information in the JCR, in the JCR Weekly, and on TheJCR.com for registration, deadlines, and other ideas to earn continuing education.