The holiday shopping season is close to the end, and if you are still searching for that perfect gift for your favorite court reporter or captioner, here are some ideas from NCRA.
- Membership to NCRA to either a working court reporter or captioner
- A copy of NCRA’s Deposition Handbook for a freelancer
- CEUs via an NCRA webinar or e-seminar — there’s a topic for everyone
- A copy of NCRA’s RPR Study Guide for your favorite RPR candidate
- Time — mentor a student through NCRA’s Virtual Mentor Program
- A donation on someone’s behalf to one of NCRF’s many programs
- A copy of any of the realtime resources available at NCRA’s Store for the reporter who is ready to set up for realtime all the time
- A sponsored student registration to a state convention on behalf of someone else
- Speedbuilding tools such as books and CDs
- Books written by NCRA members
Special for students
Still stuck on what to get that favorite court reporting student for the holiday gift-giving season? A membership to NCRA makes the perfect gift. For an annual fee of $55, student memberships offer so much more than just an affiliation. Students who join NCRA while in school enjoy special registration fees, access to networking opportunities, and more.
- Mentors and resources that support the completion of school
- Access to various scholarships and grants and other financial assistance that is exclusive to NCRA members
- Three introductory certifications (RSR, RPR, and CRC) students can start while still in school
- Subscription to the JCR magazine and JCR Weekly
- Members-only discounts on office supplies, entertainment tickets, hotel stays, and more through the NCRA Member Savings Program
- Members-only discounted group insurance programs through Mercer
- Special student pricing to networking and educational events at the NCRA Conference & Expo
In addition, lower first-year and second-year membership rates apply for students who roll over their student membership to a regular membership.