The deadline for nominations for Stenograph’s Milton H. Wright Memorial Scholarship, a new scholarship that honors the memory of Milton H. Wright, Stenograph’s founder, is Feb. 14. The scholarship is being supported by Stenograph and offered through the National Court Reporters Foundation. Students from NCRA-approved reporter education programs are encouraged to apply for the merit-based two-year award, which is worth up to $5,000 per year and will include use of a student writer and software.
“Stenograph is proud to sponsor the newly created Milton H. Wright Memorial Scholarship,” said Stenograph President Anir Dutta. “We believe that by investing in our students and future students, through the NCRA’s A to Z Program, that we will positively impact the direction of this industry. It is an honor to be able to give back in this way.”
This scholarship is offered through the National Court Reporters Foundation. Students must meet the eligibility requirements and submit the completed documentation listed below to qualify for the scholarship. Notification of the MHW Memorial Scholarship is sent each November to all NCRA-approved court reporting programs.
Applications are being accepted through Feb. 14, 2020.
To be eligible to apply for the Milton H. Wright Memorial Scholarship, students must meet the criteria below:
- Attend an NCRA-approved court reporting program
- Have completed an NCRA A to Z ® Intro to Steno Machine Shorthand program
- Have received an NCRA A to Z ® Certificate of Completion
- Have attained an exemplary academic record (3.5 GPA or above)
- Have passed one skills test writing 80-120 words per minute at the time of submission
The following documents are required to be submitted for application:
- Speed verification form
- A copy of the student’s most recent transcript
- A two-page, double-spaced essay responding to the following question: “Describe the role of technology in the future of reporting.”
“Stenograph’s commitment to the future of the court reporting and captioning professions is reflected in the company’s generous support of the Milton H. Wright Memorial Scholarship, and NCRF and NCRA are honored to share this common goal with them,” said NCRA Senior Director of Education and Certification Cynthia Bruce Andrews.
For more information on the Milton H. Wright Memorial Scholarship, please contact the NCRA Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.