Request those official proclamations recognizing 2021 Court Reporting & Captioning Week being celebrated Feb. 6-13. Be sure to visit the NCRA Court Reporting & Captioning Week resources page for sample proclamations, press release templates, social media tips and graphics, posters, flyers, and more to help you observe the week.
Here are some helpful tips to help you secure your official proclamation recognizing the week:
- Visit the National Governors Association to access your governor’s webpage where you can find more information about how to request an official proclamation, or use your favorite search to look for “[the name of your state] Proclamation Request.”
- Don’t be afraid to contact the office of your elected officials directly, or if your state association has a lobbyist on staff, ask that he or she reach out to contacts at the state capitol or through the offices of the county commissioners.
- Lawmakers are typically very receptive to offering official proclamations, especially if they are provided with the language you want and that your request is to recognize Court Reporting & Captioning Week.
- Download the sample proclamation from NCRA’s Court Reporting & Captioning Week resources page to send to officials with your request, and be sure to include additional information about the court reporting and captioning professions.
- Be sure to snap a photo or two with the governor or lawmaker presenting the official proclamation if possible and send it to NCRA at email@example.com.
Remember, send a copy or photo of your official proclamation to NCRA at firstname.lastname@example.org and be entered into a drawing to win a free 2021 Conference & Expo registration for Las Vegas, Nev., July 29-Aug. 1, at Planet Hollywood.