You can help NCRA protect the court reporting and captioning profession by supporting the Association’s Political Action Committee. If you are planning on being in Las Vegas, Nev., July 29-Aug. 1 for the 2021 NCRA Conference & Expo being held at the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino, you can take a chance on a select list of prizes being raffled off during the annual NCRA PAC fundraiser.
Rather than purchasing physical tickets, NCRA members can contribute to PAC and earn a number of virtual tickets, or chances to win, for the drawings based on their contribution. The following packages are available:
- A $20 contribution buys 5 chances to win
- A $50 contribution buys 12 chances to win
- A $75 contribution buys18 chances to win
- A $100 contribution buys 25 chances to win
Only NCRA members physically present at the Conference can contribute to the NCRA PAC raffle. Contribution forms – including name, and number of chances purchased – will be added to wheelofnames.com, a virtual raffle website that picks winners at random. The raffle will take place at 4:15 p.m. on Saturday, July 31, during the coffee break in the Expo Hall. Contributors must be present to win and will have the opportunity to win multiple prizes.
Items up for grabs include the following:
- Fully paid mandatory education and testing requirements to earn the certification of your choice, donated by NCRA Professional Development (two raffle winners)
- Guest spot on Shaunise Day’s podcast, Confessions of a Stenographer, donated by NCRA PAC Governing Board member Shaunise Day (one raffle winner)
- Solve Your Challenges Before You Meet Them. Train Your Brain seminar by Gary Evans, includes three, ninety-minute sessions, donated by NCRA member Peachy Nicodemus Evans, Indiana Court Reporters Association (five raffle winners)
- $100 worth of wine donated by the West Virginia Court Reporters Association (one raffle winner)
- Maryland crabs from Cameron’s Seafood, donated by the Maryland Court Reporters Association (one raffle winner)
- Keypad set, steno machine skin, and set of raised vowels, donated by Diana Ruiz of Klor Steno Key Design (one raffle winner)
- A Bose Quiet Comfort II headset in black, donated by the Alabama Court Reporters Association (one raffle winner)
- Three months free access and Ultimate Membership to Realtime Coach, donated by Realtime Coach (one raffle winner)
The primary focus of NCRA PAC is to develop and nurture legislative relationships that will work in the interest of the Association’s legislative agenda by electing and re-electing “friends” of NCRA to Congress; articulating NCRA’s legislative issues to policy makers on Capitol Hill; and cultivating relationships on Capitol Hill that will work to the benefit of the court reporting and captioning professions. To meet these objectives, NCRA PAC contributes to the campaigns of Congressional candidates who have shown their support for the court reporting and captioning professions and the legislative issues of NCRA. It is through these contributions that NCRA PAC gains access to voice its interests and concerns to those individuals who are in a position to make a difference for the benefit of the profession.
For information about NCRA’s PAC, contact NCRA Director of Government Relations, Jocelynn Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org.