The leaders of the National Court Reporters Foundation are bringing NCRA members educational opportunities with the new Ask Me Anything ZoomUp series. The next one offered is the AMA ZoomUp: Focus on Officials on Tues., Sept. 26, at 8 p.m. Eastern.
NCRF Trustees know that identifying a career path that will bring new and experienced court reporters, captioners, and videographers satisfaction is essential for success. One student or current court reporter’s idea of a dream job is the next court reporter’s nightmare. Here is a one-hour free Zoom experience to learn firsthand from officials and their daily challenges.
Members are invited to a free panel discussion and a question-and-answer segment on the next NCRF Ask Me Anything ZoomUp on Tuesday, Sept 26, at 8 p.m. Eastern.
Joining our event moderator, NCRA Vice President and NCRF Ask Me Anything Task Force Co-Chair Cindy Isaacsen, RPR, will be these panelists:
- Meredith Bonn, RPR, CRR
- Michael Devito
- Melanie Humphrey-Sonntag, FAPR, RDR, CRR, CRC
- Mary Beth Johnson, CRI
- Dani Murray, RMR, CRR
- Tami Lewis, RDR, CRR, CRC
Sample “official” panel topics are:
- How do you designate speakers in jury selection?
- How does hiring work?
- Do you need to be certified?
- How do you file an appeal transcript?
- What do you do when a fight breaks out in a courtroom?
- How do you cultivate relationships and rapport with judges and courtroom staff?
- How do you interrupt in a courtroom?
- What is it like in a civil versus criminal versus divorce court, etc.?
Registration is required to attend; members are invited to do so here. The upcoming series of NCRF Ask Me Anything ZoomUps does not provide CEU nor PDC credit but seeks to inform students, new reporters, and interested members who seek information about career opportunities and enhancements.
Contact Jill Parker Landsman at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions.