On Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2023, NCRA Government Relations was informed by our members in Tennessee that the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance intends to recommend the termination or sunset of the Tennessee Board of Court Reporting, the licensing and regulatory authority for court reporting in Tennessee. The recommendation will take place during a hearing this Thursday, Oct. 19, at 9 a.m. Central before the Tennessee General Assembly’s Commerce, Labor, Transportation, and Agriculture Subcommittee of the Joint Government Operations Committee.
In the last 24 hours, NCRA Government Relations has:
- Created a VoterVoice Campaign in our NCRA Action Advocacy Center about the potential sunset.
- Drafted a letter from NCRA President Kristin M. Anderson, RPR, to the Joint Subcommittee about our concerns.
- Drafted a template letter so that you may contact the Joint Subcommittee. Feel free to edit as necessary.
- Drafted a sample phone script so that you may make phone calls to the Joint Subcommittee in opposition of the sunset. Feel free to edit as necessary.
- Notified every contact in NCRA’s database in Tennessee of the potential sunset through an action alert email.
- Notified individuals through NCRA’s social media platforms.
What you can do:
- NCRA’s VoterVoice Campaign was geared toward Tennessee residents and constituents of the elected representatives of the Joint Subcommittee. However, just because you are not a Tennessee resident does not mean that we do not encourage you to speak out! If you would like to send an opposition letter or make calls to members of the Joint Subcommittee, please visit the NCRA Action Advocacy Center now to learn more.