NCRA’s certification and testing team is excited to announce the launch of a new proctoring process that puts members in the driver’s seat when it comes to their online testing experience. The new automated process takes effect beginning with the Dec. 1-20 registration period for the January 2024 Online Skills Tests. The new process is the direct result of member feedback that found candidates wanted a testing experience that was easier and more efficient to use, offered more flexibility when it came to testing times, and provided them more control overall.
“Our team spent a great deal of time researching and testing proctoring systems. We are very excited and are confident that Record+, the vendor we have chosen, will provide the highest quality of service to NCRA members,” said Cynthia R. Bruce, M.S.Ed., Senior Director of NCRA Education and Certification Department. “This new proctoring process is not a test drive. NCRA is handing you the keys to let you drive your own testing experience.”
Under the new process, candidates can set their own pace when it comes to scheduling a test time because there is no longer a requirement to schedule 72 hours in advance. Candidates now have control over choosing when the time is right for them to test within their registered testing period.
Despite a new procuring process, the window for registration will remain the same with registration taking place the 1st through the 20th of the month prior to the testing dates of the following month which also run from the 1st to the 20th. However, the certification and testing team recommends that candidates don’t wait until the end of the testing period in order to ensure a timelier delivery of their test results.
Statistics show that a larger number of candidates tend to test later in the testing period, which can cause delays in receiving their test results in a timely manner. The typical timeframe for test results delivery is 10 to15 business days.
Here’s what test candidates can expect under the new Record+ platform:
- Candidates will connect with Guardian browser, downloadable here.
- Candidates will log into their Realtime Coach Account and start their testing process
- Candidates walk through the step-by-step authentication process, showing a government issued photo I.D.
- Candidates will launch their own test and have access to full tech support through a chat feature.
- Record + captures the entire authentication and testing process via recording. This allows each testing session to be reviewed by a proctor to ensure that any potential security issues, cheating, or other integrity issues that are flagged can be forwarded to NCRA staff for review and any necessary action.
More information about the Record+ self-driving proctoring process will be posted at NCRA.org/SKT when registration opens December 1 for the January 2024 SKT testing period.