By Amie First
You are probably settled in at school by now and looking forward to the holidays. The passionate volunteers of the NCRA Student-Teacher Committee are already hard at work planning events for next year.
I’d like to introduce the Committee members:
- Amie First, RDR, CRR, CRC, CPE | Official from Orlando, Fla.
- Geanell Adams, RMR, CRR, CRC, CRI | CART Captioner from Raymond, Miss.
- Adrienne Conzemius, RPR | Official from Lindstrom, Minn.
- Leah Elkins, CRI | Instructor from Gadsden, Ala.
- Mary Beth Johnson, CRI | Instructor from Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Catalina Chiang Yuri | Student from Orlando, Fla.
- Vanessa Johns | Student from Louisville, Ky.
We thank them for sharing their time and talent on behalf of our students!
Here’s what we’re working on this year:
- Student webinar during Court Reporting and Captioning Week Feb. 3-10, 2024
- Student and teacher sessions during the NCRA Conference & Expo in Louisville, Ky., Aug. 1-3, 2024
- NCRA’s online student newsletter, Up-to-Speed
- Student mentoring through the NCRA Virtual Mentor Program
If you have ideas for any of these events or are interested in being a speaker, please email me. We’d love to hear from you!
Amie First, RDR, CRR, CRC, CPE, Chair, Student-Teacher Committee