Nicole Bresnick, a captioner with the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s Deaf and Hard of Hearing Program, is the winner of a $100 Pengad gift card for renewing her NCRA membership early.
Bresnick, a longtime member, was entered into the special drawing along with others who renewed their NCRA memberships in September and October.
“I became a member of NCRA as a student to get connected with my fellow students and the industry, and I have stayed a member, really, for the same reasons; but also, because it’s the right thing to do for my court reporting and captioning community,” said Bresnick, who resides in Madison, Wis.
“What I love most about being a CART captioner is that, working in an academic setting, I’m able to support the amazing students I work with to achieve great things in their education and then beyond. It’s also been great to learn how to be a better ally for deaf and hard-of-hearing people and to help pass that information on to other people in the hearing world,” she added.
Member benefits continue to include:
- A listing* in both the print and online versions of the NCRA Sourcebook
- A subscription to the JCR Magazine and the JCR Weekly
- Multiple certification programs with online skills tests designed to make you more money
- Access to discounted group insurance programs through Mercer for personal liability and errors and omissions
- Member pricing to can’t-miss networking and educational events at the NCRA Convention & Expo (Aug. 15-18, 2019) and NCRA Business Summit (Feb. 1-3, 2019), formerly known as the Firm Owners Executive Conference
- First-class online educational opportunities
Renewing is easy and available online at NCRA.org/renew or by calling 800-272-6272. Members can expect to receive their membership card via email within approximately two weeks of renewing if they have a valid email address and have not previously opted out of Constant Contact email messaging.
For more information, contact Brenda Gill, NCRA’s Membership Manager, at email@example.com.
* Registered, Participating, and Associate members are eligible for this benefit.