Whether you are earning or maintaining a certification, you will want to take a few minutes to mark the appropriate deadlines on your calendar for the coming year. Based on changes made a few years ago, any tests passed prior to Oct. 1, 2018, will expire Nov. 1, 2021; so if you have one or more legs or tests to finish to earn your certification, now is your chance to create your plan. Likewise, if you want to participate in any of NCRA’s continuing education opportunities, you can make plans now to attend any of these premier live events.
Keep in mind that NCRA offers opportunities to earn CEUs in many other ways, as well, from CEUs for webinars and online e-seminars and many other opportunities. NCRA is your one-stop shop for your educational needs.
Here is a short selection of dates and events (dates are subject to change):
- Jan. 9 — NCRA Town Hall
- Jan. 21 – 6:30-8 p.m. (Eastern) How to Create a Retirement Plan – Income, Investing, and Taxes: This live webinar, which can earn you 0.15 CEU, will cover how to create a sustainable retirement plan and how to determine the amount of money needed at the start of retirement and each year going forward.
- Jan. 31 — Cycle extension deadline for those who needed to complete CEUs by Sept. 30, 2020 (All members who did not earn CEUs by Sept. 30, 2020, were automatically granted an extension – for no fee – until Jan. 31, 2021, due to the COVID-19 pandemic)
- Feb. 1-20 – Registration for March 1-20 RSR, RPR, RMR, CRC, and CLVS Skills Test
- Feb. 6-13 — All You Need Is Love and Steno to celebrate 2021 Court Reporting & Captioning Week
- March 1-31 — Registration period for April RPR, RDR, CRC, and CLVS Written Knowledge Tests
- April 1-20 — Registration period for May 1-20 RSR, RPR, RMR, CRR, and CRC Skills Tests
- April 17 — NCRA Town Hall
- May 1-30 — 2019 NCRA Celebrate Certification Month
- June 1-20 — Registration period for July 1-20 RSR, RPR, RMR, CRR, and CLVS Written Knowledge Tests
- June 1-30 — Registration period for July RPR, RDR, CRC, and CLVS Written Knowledge Tests
- August 1-20 — Registration period for September 1-20 RSR, RPR, RMR, CRR, and CRC Skills Tests
- July 17 – NCRA Town Hall
- July 29-Aug. 1 — 2019 NCRA Convention & Expo, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Sept. 1-30 — Registration period for October RPR, RDR, CRC, and CLVS Written Knowledge Tests
- Sept. 30 — Submission deadline for CEUs and PDCs for members with a 9/30/21 cycle end date
- Nov. 1 – Expiration deadline for all RPR, RMR, RDR, CRR, CRC, and CLVS Test History earned prior to Oct. 1, 2018
- Nov. 19-21 – NCRA Business Summit, Savannah, Ga.
Because of how important certification is to the profession, NCRA has designated May as “Celebrate Certification” Month. We celebrate all NCRA members as they show pride in the certifications they have earned, are working to earn, or are intending to earn. The month-long campaign is also designed to help encourage those who haven’t considered earning one of the Association’s many nationally recognized certifications to consider taking the challenge.
Court Reporting & Captioning Week (Feb. 6-13), Memorial Day (May 30), Flag Day (June 14), the Fourth of July, and Veterans Day (Nov. 11) are also excellent opportunities to schedule Veterans History Project Days to earn PDCs, although members and students are invited to create VHP events or transcribe already-recorded stories submitted by veterans throughout the year. And don’t forget that online skills testing is available year-round.
Watch for more information in the JCR, in the JCR Weekly, and on TheJCR.com for registration, deadlines, and other ideas to earn continuing education.