You are invited to join us at the 2023 NCRA Conference & Expo set for July 27-30 at the Hyatt Regency Houston Downtown in Houston, Texas. Discounted pricing on full registration ends May 15. As the largest gathering of court reporters, captioners, and legal video professionals, the NCRA Conference & Expo is the place to learn, network, and celebrate!
Book your hotel room at the host hotel under the special NCRA discounted group rate by July 3* and save even more. Attendees are reminded to book their rooms early, as the NCRA room block has filled up quickly in the past two years. To register or find more information, visit NCRA.org/Conference.
Come to learn
Most attendees tell us that the number one reason they attend the NCRA Conference & Expo is to earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs). At this year’s event, you can earn up to 1.275 CEUs from a wide range of fascinating sessions with exciting and powerful speakers. A full schedule will be available soon, but here’s a sneak peek at some of our coolest session titles: “Tech Tools That Make Your Day,” “Artificial Justice! Small Errors, Big Consequences,” “Mouse Free in ’23,” and “The Next Generation of Steno.”
See the Schedule at a Glance for a day-by-day outline.
Come early on Thursday to increase the number of CEUs you can earn by adding on:
- New! Firm Owners Focus – a full-day event specifically geared toward owners and managers of firms
- A half-day of vendor training with Stenograph or Advantage/Eclipse
- Boot Camp Workshops for Captioning or Realtime
Come to network
The NCRA Conference & Expo offers several opportunities for attendees to catch up with old friends and make new connections with fellow court reporters, captioners, legal videographers, and other attendees associated with the professions. Past attendees have shared that they network anywhere and anytime – in the hallways, by the pool, before and after sessions. But you can make the most of these opportunities by registering to stay at our host hotel, the Hyatt Regency Houston Downtown. Register early, though, as in the past years, the NCRA room block has filled up before the deadline.
It may seem like networking is all about building a network to advance your career, but attendees also mentioned that the networking aspect is just motivating — just being around people who are excited about taking their career to the next level can be exhilarating.
Make sure that you note these networking opportunities on your schedule:
- New! Firm Owners Focus, Thursday, July 27, 9:45 a.m.-4:45 p.m., with lunch (separate registration)
- Welcome Reception in the Expo Hall, Thursday, July 27, 5:30-7 p.m.
- Breakfasts in the Expo Hall for Registered attendees who are also hotel guests, Friday and Saturday morning, 7:30-8:30 a.m.
- Coffee breaks in the Expo Hall (various times Friday and Saturday)
- NCRF Angels Luncheon (by invitation only)
- Awards Luncheon, Saturday, July 29, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Member Recognition Gala: Boot Scootin’ in Houston, Saturday, July 29, 7-10 p.m.
Come to celebrate
Cheer on your colleagues — or maybe be one of the people! — honored during the NCRA Conference & Expo. From recognizing the new NCRA Board of Directors to the announcement of the Speed and Realtime Contests Champions, you won’t want to miss a thing! Some of the announcements are closely held secrets until announced at the event, so — shhhhh! — don’t spoil any surprises.
Here’s where to be if you want to be among the first to know:
- During the NCRA Premier Session, Friday, July 28, 8:30-10 a.m., you can hear from new NCRA President Kristin Anderson, RPR, during her inaugural address; meet the 2023-2024 Board of Directors; and find out the 2023 Distinguished Service Award honoree.
- During the Awards Luncheon, Saturday, July 29, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., NCRA presents the new class of the Fellows of the Academy of Court Reporters (FAPRs) and this year’s CASE Award of Excellence. In addition, the National Court Reporters Foundation (NCRF) announces the winners of several scholarships and grants, including the winner of the Carl Sauceda Grant, and honors the 2023 Jim Bouley Family Lifetime Award for Altruism recipient. The Luncheon is capped with the announcement of the Speed and Realtime Contests qualifiers and champions.
There’s even more happening on site, so stay tuned for information on how to download the app to get the latest announcements.
Additional information can be found on the Conference FAQ page.
For additional questions about the 2023 NCRA Conference & Expo, please email email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you at the exciting event!
*Special group rates apply for stays between July 24-31 at $169 per night plus taxes.
Hyatt Regency cancellation policy
- Reservations canceled between 45–31 days prior to arrival date will incur a $75 fee.
- Reservations canceled within 30 days of arrival date will incur a fee of one night room plus tax rate.
- See full coverage from the 2022 NCRA Conference & Expo in Orlando, Fla.
- 2022 NCRA Conference & Expo Facebook album