Support NCRA’s Political Action Committee (PAC) by planning to be a part of the Government Relations Department’s Gift Basket Extravaganza raffle. The raffle is being held at the 2018 NCRA Convention & Expo taking place Aug. 2-5 at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans, in New Orleans.
Several state associations have donated gift baskets that contain items that show the uniqueness of their state and their association’s pride in it! Among the state associations that have donated a basket for the fundraising event are:
- Arizona Court Reporters Association
- California Court Reporters Association
- California Official Court Reporters Association – donated by NCRA student member Shaunise Day
- Colorado Court Reporters Association
- Florida Court Reporters Association
- Georgia Court Reporters Association
- Kansas Association of Court Reporters
- Michigan Association of Professional Court Reporters
- Mississippi Court Reporters Association
- National Court Reporters Association – includes items that reflect Washington, D.C.
- New York State Court Reporters Association
- West Virginia Court Reporters Association
- Wisconsin Court Reporters Association
Here’s how the gift basket works
Convention attendees can donate money and receive a certain number of tickets, which they can place in the bowls for the baskets they would like to win. People can choose to put all of their tickets into one bowl or distribute it among several of the baskets. The winner of the basket will be chosen randomly. A minimum donation of $25 will yield you 10 tickets. All proceeds received will go to support NCRA’s PAC.
Each state association that donates a gift basket is entered into a drawing for a chance to win a free registration to the 2019 NCRA Legislative Boot Camp. Which state wins the NCRA Legislative Boot Camp registration is based on which basket is the biggest draw at Convention. Convention attendees who contribute to NCRA PAC in exchange for raffle tickets will vote by putting their raffle tickets in a bowl for the basket they want to win. The basket that accumulates the highest number of tickets wins the 2019 NCRA Legislative Boot Camp registration.
NCRA’s PAC is an important way members can help shape how the captioning and court reporting professions are addressed at the federal level, so be sure to stop by the NCRA Government Relations Booth to support political advocacy for the court reporting and captioning professions. “With the 2018 midterm elections coming up, NCRA has an opportunity to cultivate new alliances in the federal government and to ensure that members of Congress who know the importance of court reporters and support the court reporting profession in the United States stay in office,” said NCRA Government Relations Manager Matthew Barusch.
If you have any questions about the 2018 NCRA PAC Gift Basket Extravaganza, contact Matthew Barusch at email@example.com.
Comments are closed.