NCRA has announced that the deadline for the discounted rates for hotel accommodations at the Caribe Hilton, San Juan, Puerto Rico, the site of the 2016 NCRA Firm Owners Executive Conference being held April 17-19, has been extended to April 1.
In addition to ample networking sessions, informative presentations, and a backdrop of beautiful ocean views, attendees at this year’s event will also have the opportunity to meet face to face with some of the leading vendors in the industry.
Sponsors and vendors that will be represented at this year’s event include:
- Allen, Maxwell & Silver, Inc., which offers commercial collections and recovery, accounts receivable management, and third-party debt collecting services;
- Courtroom Connect, which offers technology solutions and online platforms for legal and financial professionals. The company also owns the Courtroom View Network and Remote Counsel brands;
- DepositionsConferencing.com, which provides the legal court reporting industry with services such as audio conferencing that can be recorded to create a legal record of depositions, and more;
- Pengad, Inc., which manufactures and provides legal supplies to the business community;
- Realtime Learning Systems/Realtime Coach, which combines the latest technologies to deliver a comprehensive learning experience for court reporting, captioning, and CART;
- Repagencyworks Court Reporting Software, which offers a complete Web-based application designed especially for the management of court reporting agencies;
- Thomson Reuters, which offers an array of legal solutions that integrate content, expertise, and technologies for court reporting firms;
- Visual Discovery, Inc., which offers an array of legal videography and trial presentation services; and
- YesLaw, which provides an array of legal services including legal videography and transcription services.
Other highlights on this year’s schedule include an opening networking reception followed by a two-part keynote speech, the first of which is presented by Jane Southren, a former commercial litigator turned coach from Toronto, Ontario, on Monday morning. Southren will share insights with attendees about recognizing and cultivating the relationships firm owners need to fuel their business successes. Southern will also explore the differences between transactional relationships versus loyal relationships, how to identify them, and how to build more loyal relationships.
Following the keynote, attendees will participate in a panel discussion about the findings of NCRA’s latest State of the Industry Survey report, led by NCRA President Steve Zinone, RPR; Kim Neeson, RPR, CRR, CRC, Chair of the Association’s Firm Owners Committee; and Mike Nelson, CAE, CEO & Executive Director of NCRA. The day will wrap up with another networking session in the afternoon, followed by special reception at El Livin, a unique restaurant located in the heart of the historic Luis Muñoz Rivera Park. The networking reception is being hosted by Verbatim Reporting, based in San Juan.
Tuesday’s schedule includes another two-part presentation by a second keynote speaker Ann Gomez, a productivity consultant and founder of Clear Concept Inc., in Toronto, Ontario. Gomez will address how business owners can improve time management by controlling chaos in their lives, planning priorities, and understanding how to own their time. She will also introduce attendees to the key work habits needed to thrive in today’s busy environment and enable achieving more with less effort.
Following Gomez’s presentation will be a two-part session led by Jeanne Leonard, CAE, NCRA’s Senior Director of Marketing, Membership & Communications, which will include a scavenger hunt.
A final closing reception will provide attendees with yet another networking opportunity to secure new connections and catch up with old friends.
This year’s event marks the first time NCRA is traveling to the Caribbean, as well as the first time the schedule will feature two keynote speakers who will address the tough issues of relationship-building and time management.
The 2016 NCRA Firm Owners Executive Conference, which is designed exclusively for owners and managers of court reporting and captioning firms, is considered the Association’s most prestigious event.
Hotel registration is available online at NCRA.org/forsv; by phone at 787-721-0303, ext. 2156, or 800-468-8585; or by email at email@example.com. If booking via phone or email, please refer to group code NCRA16 to secure the discounted rate. This special rate expires April 1. Please be advised that a credit card is required to guarantee room reservations.
For more information, the full schedule, and registration information for the 2016 Firm Owners Executive Conference, visit NCRA.org/FirmOwners.