NCRA has announced the 2017 class of Fellows of the Academy of Professional Reporters. The recipients will be recognized during an Awards Luncheon at the 2017 NCRA Convention & Expo in Las Vegas, Nev., being held Aug. 10-13.
The 2017 class of Fellows are:
- Jan Ballman, RPR, CMRS, a firm owner in Minneapolis, Minn.
- Jana Colter, RMR, CRR, CRC, a CART captioner from Atlanta, Ga.
- Judith Lehman, RMR, CRI, an official from Shelbyville, Ill.
- Philip Marrone, RMR, CRR, an official from Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Sarah Nageotte, RDR, CRR, CRC, an official from Jefferson, Ohio
- Breck Record, RMR, CRR, CRI, an official from Midland, Texas
- Doreen Sutton, RPR, a firm owner from Scottsdale, Ariz.
“Receiving the distinction of Fellow was one of the high points of my career,” said NCRA President Tiva Wood, FAPR, RDR, CMRS, a freelance court reporter from Mechanicsburg, Pa. “I am excited that NCRA is recognizing these extraordinary members for their contributions, which include publishing important papers, serving on committees or boards, teaching the next generation of court reporters and captioners, and other efforts. All of the candidates must have been active in the practice of reporting for at least 10 years and been nominated by their peers.”
Fellowship in the Academy of Professional Reporters is a professional distinction conferred upon a person with outstanding and extraordinary qualifications and experience in the field of shorthand reporting. Candidates for Fellows are required to have been in the active practice of reporting for at least 10 years and to have attained distinction as measured by performance (which includes publication of important papers, creative contributions, and service on committees or boards, teaching, and other activities that support the profession).