It is that time of year to remember to:
1. Start new paper calendars for the office and the courtroom if your court still requires paper.
2. Change the year on any steno machines and computers that do not automatically change dates.
3. Change invoice numbers for the new year. Example: 20140001.
4. Synchronize the steno machine and computer clocks with the clock in the courtroom.
5. Write fast, sell lots of copies.
Jerry Kelley, RPR, CRR, is an official reporter in McKinney, Texas. He is also a member of Technology Review Committee.